Want something fun for your pets? This simple project will keep them busy, entertained and provide them a reward at the end of a good time!
This Spin Out Game will fascinate animals of all types! It keeps their naturally curious nature busy trying to get the treats out of the bottles. Place the game outside and watch the wild animals have a field day trying to figure out how to get a tasty treat!
Gather the following materials and put it together like this:
– 2 or 3 bottles to hold corn, cereal, dog food, or other dry feed to spin out. I used a cranberry juice bottle and 2 one liter soda bottles.
– 1 dowel rod to hold and spin the bottles.
– Scrap wood for the structure and to hold the dowel rod – make your base sturdy enough that the weight of various animals won’t knock it down. You don’t want them to be hurt if they jump on it and it falls down. I used 3 pieces of decking I had left over from a sidewalk project. I also used other pieces of scrap wood for the top piece and the side supports.
– Screws and a drill with a drill bit to drill holes through the bottles for the dowel rod.
– Tape measure to make sure the sides and the top and bottom are the same length.
– Use your drill and drill a hole on each side of the support to slide the dowel rod through.
– Screw the wood together. I started with the base. I added one board on each side of the base to make it more sturdy and less likely to fall over if an animal jumps on it.
– Slide the dowel rod through the bottles and the side supports.
– Cereal, dog food, corn, or any other dry food to “spin out”.
– Make sure your bottles will spin.
– Fill the bottles with edibles….set it out and see “who plays”.